Saturday, December 9, 2023

TTM Success: Bobby Floyd

This TTM Success came back from former Oriole Bobby Floyd. Since Mr, Floyd only has one Orioles card where he is pictured by himself and I am (mostly) only interested in autographed Orioles cards as TTMs, my options were limited.  I also wasn't sending a 1969 Topps that he shares with Larry Burchart and some guy named Rollie Fingers ( I wonder how he turned out).  That's a high number card and he isn't pictured alone. That's all fine and dandy, because I tend to enjoy 1970 Topps and they look pretty darn good signed.
Bobby Floyd moved onto the Royals in a trade which brought relief pitcher Moe Drabowsky back to the Orioles.  It would have been tough for Bobby to shoulder his way into the infield mix with Brooks at Third, Mark Belanger at Short, Davey Johnson at Second, and Boog Powell at First.  The outfield was just as crowded with Merv Rettenmund, Paul Blair and Frank Robinson.  An embarrassment of riches that Earl Weaver had to work with during that Golden Era.

I mailed this card out on November 4, 2023 and it returned on November 16, for a 12 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. Floyd!

2 comments: