Monday, December 18, 2023

TTM Success: Tim Nordbrook

I've started to fall behind a bit on posting my TTM successes.  I'm about a month behind but I'll catch up eventually.  I got this success back from Tim Nordbrook.  He was born in Baltimore and was somewhat of a rookie sensation when he made his debut.  Unfortunately for him, sustained success did not come and he was out of the league with in 5 years.  It was tough for young players to gain a foothold in the majors with the Orioles at the time with the great lineups that they had back then.

I had actually met Mr. Nordbrook at one of the first few Orioles Fanfests that I went to in the early 2010's.  I got his autograph on the Orioles alumni postcards that they usually hand out. I had no I idea who he was at the time.  I'm glad I've been able to learn much more about the Orioles players through plain curiosity and doing a bit of research before firing off a letter to them.
I sent this 1976 Topps out on November 6th, 2023 and got it back on November 18th, 2023 for a 12 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. Nordbrook!

No comments:

Post a Comment