Friday, December 8, 2023

TTM Success: Merv Rettenmund

 A recent TTM success I had come back to my mailbox was from Merv Rettenmund.  Both of the cards I sent turned out beautifully.  Merv played for the Orioles in the late 60's and into the early 70's before he was traded to Cincinnati.  He played a key role as an outfielder on those great Orioles teams from that time period.  

I'm not the biggest fan of 1972 Topps but I think this card turned out great. The nice blue Sharpie signature compliments the light blue (nearly teal) frame nicely.
I'm a bigger fan of 1970 Topps.  Gray isn't always my go to color but for the design of the card I think it works.

I sent these 2 cards out on November 4th, 2023 and got them back on November 16th for a 12 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. Rettenmund!


2 comments:

  1. I'd have to double-check my binder, but I think I got him a bunch of years ago too. He's got a really nice signature. And I guess it's because I hadn't seen either of these cards for a bit, but I had forgotten how young he looked. And it's funny too, because he looks younger on the '72 than he does on the '70.

    ReplyDelete